Frequently Asked Questions
How do I file a claim?
1. For policy numbers that start with RTH, call Markel American Insurance at (800) 236-3113.
2. For policy numbers that start with PRH, call QBE at (844) 723-2524.
3. For ID theft policies (containing only numbers and 12 digits long), please call (866) 434-3572.
4. For pet health policies, call Embrace Pet Insurance at (888) 968-1855, or manage your account online using MyEmbrace.
How do I set up a Policy?
You can set up your policy in 3-5 minutes.
For renters insurance, call (877) 577-0850 or click “Get a Quote” on our website. In order to give you an accurate quote you will need to have your address, the name of your rental community, when you will be moving, and the names of all the adults living at that address.
For all other policy types, call (877) 577-0850.
What types of policies does ResidentInsure offer?
You can set up several insurance policies with ResidentInsure, including: renters, homeowners, auto, identity protection, pet health, life, recreational vehicles, and jewelry. Call our agency to get a quick quote for the bundle you want.
What is renters insurance?
Renters insurance is an insurance policy that provides monetary protection for your personal belongings against outside elements, i.e. fire, smoke, theft, water damage and explosion.
Coverage for your personal belongings starts at $10,000 ($5,000 available in some states) with a maximum of $40,000 in coverage.
Is my personal property covered with a ResidentInsure renter's insurance policy?
In order for your personal possessions to be covered you must have at least a minimum selected under "Personal Contents" coverage e.g. $10,000. If you select "Liability Only" you will not have coverage for your personal possessions.
How do I make changes to my policy?
You can log in to residentinsure.com to make most changes or call our agency team at (877) 577-0850. Some changes, like address changes, can only be done via phone. You also have the ability to transfer your policy to another rental property or switch to homeowners insurance if you’ve recently purchased a home.
Who can make changes to my account?
Only people listed on the policy can make changes to the policy. If you are paying for someone else’s policy, it’s generally recommended that you have yourself added to the policy so you can make changes.
Why am I not getting a password reset link?
There are a few reasons why you may not be receiving your reset password link right away:
1. The most common reason is that the capitalization is not correct. Our system is case sensitive, and if the email address you request the password with does not match exactly what is saved with the account, it will not send.
2. Reset password links typically only take a few seconds to send. However, you might occasionally need to wait up to 30 minutes before you receive them.
3. If you used a different email address when trying to reset your password, you will not receive a password reset link.
How do I contact an insurance agent?
You can call (877) 577-0850 Monday through Friday, from 8AM EST to 8PM EST. We are closed for major holidays.
How do I find my policy number?
All billing notification emails will contain your policy number. We also include it on the proof of insurance, policy packet, and on the website once you have logged in.
How is communication sent?
All communication between the policyholder and ResidentInsure will be sent via email. If you do not have an email address, it’s not recommended to purchase a policy through ResidentInsure.
When does my policy end?
All policies will remain active until they are canceled by the policyholder or we are no longer able to process payments and the policy lapses.
When does billing happen?
Billing is based on the policy’s start date and will bill 3-15 days before the start date, depending on the type of policy and carrier. Occasionally we must perform a mid-billing cycle catch-up payment that won’t occur during this time period. The only way to change your billing date is to cancel your policy, sign up for a new one, and change the start date.
When do I receive my policy?
The proof of insurance/declaration page is available after the first payment has been processed. This typically takes 24 hours. The full policy packet will be sent 2 weeks after your policy’s start date.
Still have questions? Call at (877) 577 0850.